I learned to make these nifty little paper boxes as a child. I would make them to hold small trinkets, box small gifts, or just to pass the time.
This is a great craft for your little ones that want to craft with mom (or dad) but need to start with an easy skill.
What you'll need:
- One piece of paper (two if you want to make a lid)
- Fold paper in half length wise and then unfold.
- Fold the top down to the center crease line. Repeat on the bottom. Again unfold - you should have a total of 3 creases.
- Now fold the paper in half this time width wise, then unfold.
- Fold the left side to the center crease line. Repeat on right. You now have a total of 6 creases.
- Fold each corner up to the closest crease.
- Fold the edge of the paper over the top of the corner folds on the left and right.
- Now pull it open - give each corner a little squeeze and voila you have a box!
- Now repeat to create a cover if so desired.
- Embellish at will.
TIP: The heavier the paper, the studier the box.