Hi everyone! I am Cheri from I Am Momma - Hear Me Roar and I'm excited to be here. My blog is still fairly new, but it's loaded with tutorials, especially boy ones....because that's what I do. I have two boys and no girls.
Here are a couple of recent projects:
Come on over and visit anytime! Today I want to show you how to do a simple embellishment on a sweatshirt to keep your kids happy.
Here's the deal. I'm not crazy about in-your-face-character shirts. While my son loves all sorts of different characters...McQueen, Transformers, and Buzz Lightyear, I'm not crazy about the clothes they make with them on it. AND, they can be pricey. So, today we're going to solve this problem with zipper tags.
This is what we're making:
These little tabs make it easy for little hands to zip AND give a plain sweatshirt a little more personality.
So, here we go...........
1) Pick out a design or logo and create a freezer paper stencil. I chose the Transformer symbol. If you have never done freezer paper stenciling or if you're unsure of how it works, click HERE for a in-depth video tutorial.
2) Paint the area and remove the stencil.
3) Now, laces some ribbon or whatever you have through the zipper. Place your stencil on one side of it and a blank piece of fabric on the other (so you're sandwiching the ribbon) and sew it all together. I like to leave excess fabric on while I sew in case things shift a bit while sewing.
4) Trim around the stitching.
5) Watch the little guy beam as he proudly wears his new sweatshirt and sings the "Transformer" theme song. (Yeah, you know it too...."Transformers, more than meets the eye!")
Thanks for the invite, Kim. And all of you please feel free to pop in for a visit anytime! - Cheri
I can't believe that tag! My son would go crazy for that sweatshirt! All we ever hear about is Optimus Prime, "boobee" otherwise known as Bumblebee, and Megatron and a ton other Transformers! Thanks for the great idea Cheri!
If you are interested in participating in Friendly Tuesday please email me at 733blog (at) gmail.com.