Hello to all the fabulous readers at seven thirty three! I was super excited (and somewhat shocked) to hear that Kim wanted me to guest post today! My name is Beckie from These Creative Juices....I started my blog with the intention of keeping my family updated on our comings and goings, but it has since turned into my creative outlet. I love crafting and meeting fabulous people in blogland that share my same passions! I hope you will stop by, say "HI" and take a look around.
I made the following as a way to bring the spring and summer into my home, though it was snowing outside in May! Yep May! These are a wonderful accent to any area in your home and best of all they can stay up all year round....and did I mention it costs practically nothing!
1. Cut some perfectly square pieces of white cardstock (about 2" by 2")
2. Fold the paper in half
3. Fold in half again
4. Start cutting a little bit up from the bottom corner where the folds are.
5. Make a teardrop shape, then open it up
6. Next, fold the petals down the middle
7. Using your hole punch, clip half a circle on each edge of the petals. I took my "X" letter stamp (you could also use a snowflake) and stamped with yellow in all different directions in the center.
8. Ink the edges of the petals (where you hole punched) with a dark brown
And there you have it! Pretty, simple Dogwood Blooms!
I glued my blooms to a bunch of sticks and put them in a vase that I also revamped with some jute.
This vase was ugla, ugla! :) Like this maroon frosted mess from Pier 1.
I decided to cover it with some Jute and I LOVE the way it turned out!
Jute is super cheap, sticks are FREE and the dollar store carries glass vases!
I am going to add a big, fat bow to the vase....once I get the courage to take my three year old to Hobby Lobby :)
This is such a inexpensive way to add something really pretty into your home!
Here are some other things you can find at These Creative Juices...
Thanks so much Kim for allowing me a day on your fabulous blog!!!!