I’m pretty happy to introduce you to Rachel from Lines Across. She has an amazing little blog full, I mean FULL, of amazingly creative ideas. So please, after reading her awesome money saving paper gift bag tutorial, head over to Lines Across and give her a little love!
Hello, I’m Rachel from Lines Across. I’m so excited to be here guest posting today.
I’m sharing today how to make gift bags out of scrapbook paper… no rulers or templates necessary. You can make them in any size or shape you want.
What you need:
1. Scrapbook paper
2. Glue stick
What you do:
1. Start with a large piece of scrapbook paper (I used 12×12). Find a box around the house that is the size and shape of the bag you want to make. I used a box of spaghetti for one, and macaroni for the others. Fold the scrapbook paper around the box as if you are wrapping a gift. Don’t tape the paper to the box. Glue the edges together. (I added a couple of pieces of tape to the inside seam for extra support.)
2. Fold one end of the paper as if you are wrapping the edge of a present. This will be the bottom of the gift bag.
3. Use a glue stick on every fold of paper. I used a little tape for extra support.
4. Now remove the box from inside and pinch the sides of the bag to crease in the middle. You will be left with a little triangle on each side. You can fold the bottom over for easier storage.
5. Trim the top of the bag to whatever height you want the bag to be. I used fun scissors.
6. Punch little holes and attach ribbon handles. I also measured out a small rectangle of cardboard (a cereal box works great), and glued it to the bottom inside of the bag to make the bottom a little sturdier.
This is my favorite kind of project. Simple. Cheap. Quick. Useful. Fun.
Thanks, Kim for having me here today.
I’m a mom of a 2 year old boy and a 1 year old girl. I love to make things, and share tutorials at Lines Across, my craft blog. Check out these felt flowers, DIY pillow boxes, or stop by and share at my Monday – Friday link party.